Thanet and District Reform Synagogue is a Reform Jewish Community based in Ramsgate, Kent.
From not only our Thanet base of Ramsgate, Margate and Broadstairs but also Canterbury, Herne Bay, Whitstable, Dover, Faversham and Folkestone, we have constituents across Kent and beyond. Our Hebrew name is Etz Chaim (Tree of Life) and we are members of Reform Judaism. We are a thriving, inclusive community with members and friends from a broad range of backgrounds. We:
- Hold services every Shabbat and for all Festivals.
- Have plenty of social events.
- Support a full range of life events from birth onwards.
- Have a range of learning opportunities, for both children and adults.
- Ensure community engagement from inter-faith work to education involvement.
- Welcome people from a range of backgrounds, no matter what that background is.
TDRS is funded by its members and is run by the synagogue council. There continues to be close connections with local and national organisations and charities who TDRS engage with and support where possible.
Fine out more about us and what we do below.